A baguette diamond is a slim, elongated, rectangular-shaped diamond with straight or tapering edges. Baguette diamonds are a classic diamond cut that wonderfully complements other diamond shapes. For wedding or engagement rings, baguette diamonds make the ideal accent stones.
Physical Characteristics of Baguette Diamonds
- Baguette diamonds come in two main shapes: tapered and straight.
- In comparison to other diamonds, baguette diamonds have fewer cuts.
- Baguette diamonds feature 14 facets.
- A baguette diamond's length-to-width ratio is often 5 to 1.
- Baguettes are step-cut diamonds.
The History of Baguette Diamonds
Baguette diamonds have been around for more than a century. The baguette diamond was created in the 1920s during the Art Deco movement, a time when tastes were shifting away from conventionally cut diamonds. The jewelry industry was accepting and fast to adopt because it signaled a departure from traditional round-cut stones.
What To Look Out for When Buying a Baguette Diamond
Fewer facets mean that the flaws in a baguette diamond can be noticed more quickly than in other cuts. To guarantee that defects are not readily apparent, each facet's cut has to be precise.
Baguettes come in a variety of colors. To make sure that the color of the baguette diamonds matches the color of the center stone, choose a baguette with a color grade that is higher than that of the center stone.
Baguette diamonds have varying degrees of clarity. When choosing a baguette diamond, go for one with a clarity grade higher than that of a typical round diamond to ensure there are no obvious flaws in your piece of jewelry.
4. Carat Weight
Baguette diamonds have lesser-carat weights. They are usually less than one-carat cuts.
Why Choose Baguette Diamonds
- Baguette diamonds enhance the center stone's brilliance without drawing attention away from it.
- Baguette diamonds have a certain elegance and sophistication that only baguettes can produce.
- Baguette diamonds are an affordable option if you are on a tight budget.
Where to Buy a Baguette Diamond
Are you looking for a perfect piece of jewelry to add to your collection? A baguette diamond can be a fantastic option. When shopping for a baguette diamond, always buy it from a vendor you can trust. Beverly Jewelers is a reputable jeweler. To find the perfect piece of jewelry for you, visit our website and browse through our selection of baguettes.
If you have any questions about baguette diamonds, contact us today.